The race can not always be won by running at top speed, but switching the gear at the ideal time also matters. In business, the same rule works well. And especially if you’re an online store owner and using Magento or any other platform, using the current version is smart. After all, when you can get so much better with an updated version, why be stuck on the old one.
The online shopping world is expanding day-by-day. And Magento is one of the long-established platforms which is serving in this field for a long time. In this journey, Magento also added some new features on its platform and shifted from Magento 1 to Magento 2. This shift includes new functional advantages and some pro features to Magento. And if you are also planning to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2, then you’re switching the gear at the right time.
Why should you migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2?
Magento 2 was launched, With a collection of impressive highlights. The version was catering to many breathtaking features such as:
– Easy to use back-end UI,
– Adaptable engineering,
– Exceptional checkout procedures
Magento 2. should enlarge the web-based business experience for clients and administrators too.
To find out why Magento 2 is strongly preferable than Magento 1 and how it might help your business, keep reading.
The highlights of Magento 2:
1. Incorporates Present-day Innovation
Execution is one of the significant issues that shop owners experienced on Magento 1. But how Magento 2 can tackle it take a look:
– In Magneto 2, you don’t need to introduce an outsider’s module on the server.
– In Magento 2 the speed of the web store streets ahead as holds up the recent variants of PHP.
– In Magento 2, there are some inbuilt apparatuses through which pictures can be improved straightforwardly on the server.
2. Responsive Administrator Board
The Administrator Board of Magento 2 has made some daze enhancements. In contrast with Magento 1, it has become increasingly smart and easy to understand.
– Magento 2, has made the Administrator Board very simple such as the data search, store the executives, and route to all pieces.
– Magento 2, transfer the new items more simply. Alongside pictures and portrayal; you can further transfer item recordings.
Magento 2, additionally permits you to keep the orders and clients records, delivery and amount, and Income Assessment.
Magento 2 Advantages On Your Business-
Magento 2 can have many extreme advantages on your business, let’s discuss them below.
With Magento 2, you can work more effectively on your business.
– Better performance- The site on Magento 2 works 20% faster than Magento 1. And it is not an unknown fact that faster speed is one of the top leading elements for sales and Search engine ranking.
– Mobile-friendliness- The exceptionally coming traffic from mobile devices make it initial to have a mobile-friendly website. The release of PWA (Progress Web App) in Magento 2.3 version, it becomes easy to have most of the mobile device’s traffic on your site.
– Smooth-running checkout- The Magento 2 shrink the process in 2 steps, rather than 6. The merchants can offer a faster checkout process to the returning customers by using their previous-stored payment credentials and shipping information.
– Finer Admin interface- The non-technical admin interface makes it easy for admins to use it without any technical knowledge. Which means you can find the tools and list the products with ease.
Considerable things before migrating to Magento 2-
– Manage your data, filter it, and remove the outdated ones.
– Cearfulling review your website so you can address the potential bugs. After a complete review, you can create a specific requirement for developers.
– Replicate the site, as there are always some chances of data loss in the migration process.
– Freeze admin activities, if you don’t want to lose the database or want a clear migration without a patch.
– Finalize the migration blueprint first so you can perform the whole process according to it.
The step should be followed for Magento 1 to Magento 2 migration-
– Theme migration- There are no such standard tools you have to use for theme migration. In Magento, You can simply buy themes by Magento marketplace or develop a customized theme.
– Extension migration- You should check if the Magento 1 extensions are compatible with Magento 2. Most of the time, they do not work with new versions, so you have to build new plugins for Magento. You can also fix bugs and issues in the existing plugins.
– Website customization from code migration- With the help of code migration tools, the amount of code migration reduces drastically. However, you have to manually edit and test the code after using tools.
– Data migration- The most crucial part has been divided into the following steps, Check them out.
Step 1- Download the Magento 2, follow the setup instruction and complete the installation process.
Step 2- With the help of migration tools, transfer your data from old to a new platform.
Step 3- Feed the authorisation keys.
Step 4- Perform the configuration process that depends on whether you are using a community edition and enterprise edition.
Step 5- After the configuration process, map between Magento 1 to Magento 2.
Step 6- Hold on the administrative activities and prepare for the actual migration process.
Step 7- Migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2 at the side of features like payment processing, shopping cart and shipping.
The end talk!
The online store built on Magento 2, can serve exactly what you want. So if you don’t know exactly how to migrate the website from Magento 1 to Magento 2, don’t think twice about hiring some professionals. The experienced Magneto developers will perform it flawlessly for you and help you to achieve the leading position and win the race.